Thursday, August 21, 2008

NEWS FLASH: Media Will Get Special Walls and Puffs of Oxygen, and Did Someone Say Ben Affleck?

I simply can't contain myself. As I sit in my Birmingham hotel room anxious for my Denver trip, I find myself getting caught up on my own DNC daily dish through one of my favorite Rocky Mountain News columnists Penny Parker. Not only does she know everything first, but to put it simply she is the On the Town diva. I will be linking to her more and more as we approach Monday.

If you have a media credential, and happen to stroll into a media tent, you will have direct access to free puffs of oxygen. Yes, you read that sentence right! Being away from Denver for only 4 years I too sometimes forget about the whole mile high thing. Throughout her career, Parker has seen visiting entertainers to Denver leave the stage spotlight for a quick oxygen hit. What will happen if reporters take too many hits? My job as a PIC team member could become even more interesting than originally anticipated. I have a feeling Oxygen Plus, the Minnesota company providing the puffs, is going to be bringing a whole new definition to the slogan: Mile HIGH City. I plan to get my free sample, or samples if I develop an addiction, at the Grand Hyatt. Yikes.

Also, in Parker's August 13 column, she alerts her readers to be on the lookout for media walls -- coming to posh Denver restaurants soon. For those that don't know, stars step behind these walls to have their picture snatched by the "Access Hollywood" type. Denver is going to be transformed into a little "Hollywood of the Rockies." I can't wait to report back to you on how my quaint, friendly hometown handles all of this.

And, another fun fact. Ben Affleck is confirmed to be attending the DNC, both as a poker player and as a Rocky Mountain Think-Tank participant. For tickets to the August 26 poker tourney, email NicholeK@pva.org. And, to learn more about the think-tank series, visit http://www.2008rmr.org/.

And, by the way, NO Suri Cruise is not Obama's choice for veep! Apparently there are folks around the world sending out fake veep alert texts. Hang tight. Earlier today Obama told USA Today his decision is made. My sources tell me we will know the veep before midnight tonight. Happy Friday.

My goal is to bring Denver and the DNC to you. And, maybe by the end of my Denver trip, you too will feel like you were virtually there with me! I have to go work on my party schedule now.

Back again tomorrow from the cute coffee shop Lucy's in Birmingham, Stephanie

No comments: